Gold Coast Feed, part of Wellington International, is the official feed and bedding supplier of Wellington International, providing services year-round and during the Winter Equestrian Festival (WEF) and Adequan® Global Dressage Festival (AGDF).
We are located on South Shore Boulevard, offering convenient and easy access for customers competing at both WEF and AGDF, as well as for local barn managers in the Wellington/Loxahatchee area.
Right now we are looking for a manager for our store. It is a full time, permanent position.
Accountable for top and bottom line merchandising/product
You will be responsible for managing all operational and team member (15 full time employees and 10 seasonals) aspects of a specialty retail farm and ranch store. Your primary duties include driving sales and profit, building the team, building customer loyalty, and leading execution of company standards. Furthermore your tasks and duties are:
- Responsible for promoting a safe and productive work environment for all Team Members, customers, and vendors, as well as training Team Members on the appropriate application of policies and procedures
- Scheduling, organizing and planning daily activities for team members to insure efficient store operations
- Travel to other store locations and to company functions
- Assists in training and leading team members in providing exceptional customer service
- With guidance from central HR, assists in recruiting, hiring, developing, evaluating, disciplining, and retaining efficient team members
- Creating a desirable work environment through promotions, recognition and empowerment
- Assists with evaluating competitive environment and working with Operations and Merchandising teams to insure quality and performance
- Problem solving and conflict resolution for both team members and customers
- Communicates company processes, policies and directives to team members and monitoring their execution
- Evaluating those processes for effectiveness and coordinating with district manager and/or regional manager to eliminate problems
Furthermore, you will also be hands on in daily store operations:
- Process information / merchandise through system and POS Register system
- Operate and use all equipment necessary to run a store such as a dolly, hand-truck, forklift, computer and cash register
- Read, write, and count to accurately complete all documentation
- Freely access all areas of the store including selling floor, side lot, stock area and register area
- Coordinating and conducting special sales events
- Managing merchandise flow to insure adequate in-stock and inventory controls
- Organizing of merchandise resets to company specifications on a periodic basis
- Reviewing and refreshing product displays per company standards
- Communicating inventory needs to buyers and distribution centers
- Works with the buyers, supply chain management, district managers and distribution centers to solve inventory problems
- Manages periodic inventory control process
* In addition, other duties may be a assigned *
Experienced Store Manager
We expect you possess severeal years of experience from a similar role, including experiece with:
- Daily, weekly and monthly processing of required paperwork including but not limited to invoices, schedules, product orders and returns, and POS reports
- Periodic sales forecasting, payroll analysis and budget review
- Managing periodic price changes
You communicate effectively with team members and customers.
Competitive Benefits package, including Medical, Dental, & Vision plans, to all Full-time Members
At Wellington International, we are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. So, if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
We are recruiting continuously, so send your application as soon as possible.
Wellington International (former PBIEC) is America's most recognized equestrian sporting venue with 160-acres of world-class facilities, nestled in the heart of the Amrican Equestrian paradise Wellington Fl and home of the Winter Equestrian Festival which draws elite riders from all over the world.
At Wellington International during off season we employee over 170 employees and during season (January through March) we employee over 500 employees.