Wellington International is seeking a Senior Accountant / Accounting Manager to join their growing team of dynamic individuals.
Reporting to the Controller, the Senior Accountant / Accounting Manager is responsible for all bank reconciliations and various other general ledger account reconciliations, as well as a wide variety of journal entries including both standard and adjusting entries for multiple business units.
The Senior Accountant / Accounting Manager is a key position in the organization and the primary accountant to maintain the timeliness and integrity of the financial records of the Company.
- Record all daily transaction activity from point of sale and billing systems.
- Reconcile all bank accounts and research and record all adjusting entries as necessary.
- Record all period financial information, amortizing all debt and depreciation transactions, adjusting inventories and cost of goods, accruing, and amortizing current liabilities and current expenses.
- Record and track all fixed asset acquisitions.
- Reconcile all long-term debt accounts and amortize current portion as needed.
- Reconcile all intercompany accounts and make necessary entries to maintain balances between companies and related entities.
- Reconcile all underlying sub ledgers for accounts receivable, inventory, and other current assets as required. Provide risk analysis of aged items for potential impairment as needed.
- Track and amortize all deferred revenue items and adjust as required under standard accounting policies.
- Provide all information as required for periodic internal control testing and annual audit testing
**This position is based year-round in Wellington, Florida**
The Senior Accountant / Accounting Manager needs to maintain a high degree of integrity, knowledge of the business models of each business segment, and communication with the contributors from each business segment. Significant competence in Microsoft Office and experience reconciling financial balances is essential.
Minimum experience must include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP (CPA is a plus)
- Experience with leading ERP systems is required (Microsoft Business Central is a plus)
- Knowledge of 1099/1042s and Florida sales tax reporting
- 4+ years of corporate accounting experience
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
We are recruiting continuously, so send your application as soon as possible.
At Wellington International, we are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. So, if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Wellington International (former PBIEC) is America's most recognized equestrian sporting venue with 160-acres of world-class facilities, nestled in the heart of the American Equestrian paradise Wellington Fl and home of the Winter Equestrian Festival which draws elite riders from all over the world.
At Wellington International during off season we employee over 170 employees and during season (January through March) we employee over 500 employees.