Wellington International, home of the Winter Equestrian Festival, is looking for a staff accountant to join its team in Wellington (FL).
This is an on-site position.
The Staff Accountant will prepare and maintain financial records to track the organization’s assets, liabilities, profit and loss, and other related financial activities.
- Performs general cost accounting and other related duties for the organization.
- Prepares monthly balance sheets, income statements, and profit and loss statements.
- Maintains the general ledger.
- Codes invoices, sets up new accounts, reconciles accounts, and closes the monthly books.
- Reconciles bank accounts at least monthly, verifies deposits, and addresses inquiries from banks.
- Reconciles cash disbursement accounts, payroll, customer accounts, and other financial accounts; manages accounts receivable collections.
- Verifies and/or completes payment of invoices associated with accounts payable and ensures payments are charged to the appropriate accounts.
- Provides outside auditors with assistance; gathers necessary account information and documents to perform annual audit.
- Files tax forms with federal, state, and local government agencies.
- Manages the purchasing and invoicing system.
- Maintains knowledge of acceptable accounting practices and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of general financial accounting and cost accounting.
- Understanding of and the ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software, and accounting software (Business Central experience, a plus).
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- At least two years of related experience required.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Wellington International is an equal opportunity employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, age, ancestry, national origin, mental or physical disability or medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.
We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. So, if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Wellington International participates in E-Verify. All offers of employment are contingent upon completing and passing the compliance process.
We are recruiting continuously, so send your application as soon as possible.
Wellington International (former PBIEC) is America's most recognized equestrian sporting venue with 160-acres of world-class facilities, nestled in the heart of the Amrican Equestrian paradise Wellington Fl and home of the Winter Equestrian Festival which draws elite riders from all over the world.
At Wellington International during off season we employee over 170 employees and during season (January through March) we employee over 500 employees.
Wellington, FL (USA) - Wellington International
About Global Equestrian Group
Welcome to the Global Equestrian Group
Situated in the northern part of Denmark, you find the headquarters of Global Equestrian Group – a group of highly esteemed brands with the vision of becoming the world’s leading equestrian company.
GEG was established in the beginning of 2021 when Waterland Private Equity acquired the majority of Helgstrand Dressage, founded by Andreas Helgstrand. Today the Group has +250 full-time employees and an annual revenue of EUR 175 million.
In February 2021, Beerbaum Stables was acquired and multiple Olympic medallist, showjumper Ludger Beerbaum joined the group as co-owner. And in June 2021, Global Equestrian Group acquired Wellington International. The most recent GEG acquisition is Outstanding Stables led by one of the world’s most acknowledged dressage riders, Patrik Kittel, acquired in June 2022.
Global Equestrian Group has activities in dressage, show jumping and events, the exquisite jewellery company Helgstrand Jewellery and equestrian accessories and apparel company Kingsland Equestrian, as well as other equestrian sports investments. GEG will continue to carry out investments ensuring that the group will continue to grow its activities throughout the world.
Welcome to the Global Equestrian Group – we hope you will follow us on our journey towards becoming the world’s leading equestrian company!
Loading application form
Already working at Global Equestrian Group?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.