Wellington International is seeking a Seasonal Banquet Manager to join the White Horse Catering Team at Wellington International. Reporting directly to the Director of Food and Beverage and Director of Catering, the individual will be responsible for ensuring the efficient operation of the Banquet/Catering Department with a focus on providing exceptional guest service. The Banquet Manager will oversee all aspects of a banquet or event including the set-up, serving, and event closure.
- Professional approach to all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with standards as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs.
- Maintain high standards of appearance and grooming of self and staff, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working (per brand standards).
- Comply at all times with industry standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient operations.
- Comply with certification requirements as applicable for position to include: Food Handlers, Alcohol Awareness, CPR & First Aid.
- Prepare schedules and wage progress reports for all Banquet employees.
- Prepare payroll & tip distribution for the Banquet department.
- Assist as necessary in the setup service and breakdown of banquet functions.
- Coordinate all banquet related food and beverage requirements with the appropriate department(s).
- Keep kitchen informed of accurate counts for replenishment and maintain buffets.
- Recruit hire train and evaluate all Banquet personnel with the assistance of the Director.
- Review menu/service with Catering Director.
- Maintain up to date details on banquet functions and communicate to supervisors.
- Responsible for ongoing training of captains/hourly employees to maintain standards of service and guest service scores.
- Notify the Catering Director/Food & Beverage Director of all materials and equipment that require ordering or need to be replaced or repaired.
- Requisition liquor etc. for banquet bars.
- Responsible for safety sanitation and cleanliness of service areas.
- Responsible for loss prevention programs among service employees.
- Attend weekly Food & Beverage meeting to ensure proper communication between departments.
- Participate in required M.O.D. coverage as scheduled.
- Conduct menu classes as necessary to develop staff.
- Attend weekly BEO meeting.
- Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open lines of communication with managers, employees and other departments.
- Ensure that pre-meal meetings are conducted for all functions.
- Control and audit alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Review Banquet Staff's hours worked for payroll compilation and submit to accounting on a timely basis.
- Supervise the work of Banquet Captains/supervisors and observe the performance of hourly service personnel.
- Responsible for control and maintenance of all service equipment. Write service requests as necessary.
- Assist audio/visual company as necessary.
- Be familiar with the operation of the P.O.S. system.
- Correct hazards and notify the Director.
- Submit order of all supplies (candles note pads pens uniforms) to Catering Director for approval and maintain inventory levels.
- Other duties as requested by Catering Director/Food & Beverage Director.
- High School diploma or equivalent required with at least 5 years of progressive experience in banquet execution.
- Minimum of 3 years of Supervisory experience required.
- Must be proficient in Windows operating systems such as Word and Excel.
- Must understand and execute BEO’s.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful high-pressure situations.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and conflict resolution as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information data etc. from disparate sources and consider, adjust, or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to address co-workers and guests’ concerns.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data and basic arithmetic functions.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to travel as needed.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Equestrian Sport Productions is an equal opportunity employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, age, ancestry, national origin, mental or physical disability or medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.
Equestrian Sport Productions participates in E-Verify. All offers of employment are contingent upon completing and passing the compliance process.